Re: Exchange 2000/2003 Restore question

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:22:14 -0500

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:02:34 -0500, Mark Gresgott
<markgresgott@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This was an Exchange 2000 server and we used Veritas Backup Exec.

What Exchange restore operations are supported by Veritas Back Exec?

> All of our servers are now Exchange 2003 and I thought about using The
> Recovery Storage Group, but when reading the documentation it looks
> like the old server still needs to be in AD.  Do you know if that's
> the case?

You will need AD to reconnect the mailboxes to user accounts, but I do
not believe you will need it if you just want to extract the data. You
could use the RSG and then run Exmerge to extract the mailbox to a