RE: Exchange 2000 virtual server header

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:20:04 -0800

> Sorry it is the X-OriginalArrivalTime which is non-standard and is
> causing the rejection and by definition is usually the same time as the
> received time.  This header is usually associated with SPAM especially
> via hotmail accounts.

I am heavily involved in e-mail servers and the war on spam. I know of no
one that does any kind of filtering, even in a weighting system, on that
header. The probability of false-positive with that is way up there. If
someone is actually filtering and rejecting on that, they do not understand
e-mail and the war on spam.

However, just to be fair, I have cross posted this information on another
list that deals with junkmail and will post comments I receive from there.

> Just wondered if I could turn its addition off.

Not that I am aware of, but if so, I am sure someone will post how.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You