From: tony [mailto:tonyw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 2:25 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Exchange 2000 system error 128 and services
stopping

http://www.MSExchange.org/

I gotta serious problem with my Exchange 2000 Server that maybe someone
shed some light on.

But first the specs...I am running a single Exchange 2000 Server with
Exchange SP3 on Windows 2000 SP4 (All latest post SP4 hotfixes) on a
DELL 2400 server running RAID 1, 1.5 Gb RAM

3rd Party Software running:
MaxCompression email attachement compression software GFIMail Essentials
Anti-SPAM Software Trendmicro Interscan Anti-virus software

Now the problem:

Part A

Server ramdomly re-boots  (on average once every 4 or 5 days) after the
following msg appears on the screen:
"c:\winnt\services.exe has encountered system error 128 and will restart
in 60 seconds"
Have scanned the machine for viruses and trojans but all clean.

Part B

Following services randomly stop ( on average once every 2-3 days) but
all these services stop together.

NNTP
Exchange Routing Service
SMTP