Exchange 2000 permissions issue

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 23:36:44 -0400

Hello all,

   I have a colleague with a 'small' issue.  I am forwarding a
description of his issue (see below) to you guys/gals to see if you can
come up with any ideas for resolution...

   As you read below, I had him check the 'delegated rights' at the
organization, Administrative group and Store levels.  There are no
groups with assigned permissions (where domain users might have
permissions to view all mailboxes).  He did mention that at the store
level, 'Authenticated Users' were given send as and read rights.  Since
I am running exchange 2003, I am not sure if this is a default setting
in Exchange 2000.  can someone verify if this might be the issue causing
the description below?

Thanks,

Chris

---------------

Recently I upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 and we still have
a running

mixed mode. What has come to my attention is that in Outlook when you
click on file

- open - Other User's Folder - you can open the inbox, outbox etc etc
folders from

different people in the organization. It concerns me for security
reasons. Is there

a way this feature could be disabled and how it is done. I'm assuming
its some kind

of permissions with the exchange. Thanks for the input!

This is an upgrade from 5.5 to 2K.  I've reviewed permissions but didn't
remove anything for fear of ruining someone's day.

Thanks,

Stan