RE: Exchange 2000 move

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:55:58 -0500

That's a pretty tough questions to answer, the move mailbox feature in
Exchange 2000 is single threaded, so it will move one mailbox at a time even
though you may have selected multiple mailbox, the move mailbox feature is
multi threaded so it will move more than one mailbox at a time plus you can
schedule it (but that does not help you).

Network bandwidth plays a part as does server performance, I have seen a
250Mb mailbox take about and hour to move, but I have also seen it take
longer, you might just want to find a good sized mailbox and move that one
and see how long it takes.

Mark Fugatt
MCSE, MCT, Microsoft Exchange MVP
Pentech Office Solutions Inc