Exchange 2000 mail database

  • From: "nigel" <nigel.hamblyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:16:10 -0700

I had a call from a client who had decided to upgrade his SBS4.5 to
SBS2000 - no big deal and good on him for trying, however the installation
failed half way and he couldn't get things working again.  He then did a
full install in a clean partion, couldn't get mail working, etc, etc.  It
wasn't until this point he called for help - he has a heap of stored mail
in the old installation that I cannot get into.  I have tried all the
microsoft recommended paths for recovery of the database and have had no
luck - it all points to the fact the DN of the database does not match the
DN of the directory
Is there any way of gaining access to the data in the database?  I have
tried to create a clean install of Win 2000/Exchange2000 to match what he
had configured - or variants of but had had no luck.  The DB is not
corrupt as I can use the ESETIL to gather information out of it.  It would
be nice to have a utility that could dump the data directly from the db
file to a pst file without having to have the complete exchange system
running and configured correctly - any suggestions appreciated