Exchange 2000 installed on memberserver and problems all over..

  • From: "Mario" <mjakarel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:38:16 -0700

The current situation:
Obtained my own public domain and connected my local domain to it, like:
my_domain.public_domain.nl
AD domain with 1 dc, 1 member as fileserver for p2p filesharing, 1 member
as isa2000/dns server with 2 network cards, connected to ethernet modem.
DC is fresh installed and tested with various tools and works just fine.
In order to prepare the forest with /forestprep and /domainprep, I have to
add the ent.admin account to the admin group of the local memberserver
earlier added to the domain.
If that account is not added to the local admin group, when logging into
the memberserver as local admin, there is no acces to the AD, but full
acces to the local member.
The other way around, when logging into the memberserver as ent.admin,
there is full acces to the AD, but only limited acces to the local member.
Then I prepared the forest and the domain, that was a piece of cake.
After preparation with logged in as ent.admin, I managed to install
Exchange and updated it with sp3.
Then I configured DNS at the DC with 2 MX records like mxmail with
priority of 20 and the domain name with priority of 10.
I configured the various a-records and Cnames.
At last I configured ISA for secure mail exchange internally.
Then at the memberserver configured with Exchange, I opened the AD for the
users to configure their mailboxes.
Then the problems start occuring, when I tried to test the accounts by
sending and receiving test messages.
The error stating the time of inactivity regarding sending and receive was
too long.

The second problem occured, a problem regarding IIS stating that the
reason for faillure is an object that already exists.
But to open IIS to check the problem is not possible.

Conclusion here,
Obviously I did something wrong!

Who can help?