Exchange 2000: email dies after "Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue

  • From: "George Greenwald" <g.greenwald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:45:06 -0600

Running Exchange 2000. Inbound email with CERTAIN WORDS in body or subject
line are not delivered. Same whether email is from outside or within the
company. In Message Tracking, the killed emails trail shows 2 entries:
SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queuing" and "SMTP: Started message
submission to advanced queuing". That's it.  They are not in BadMail
folder. I disabled Trend eManager and Scanmail for Exchange. Disabled
keyword filtering in ISA (this is SBS 2000).
Example: email with the word "landmark" in Subject or Body goes only this
far.  "Landmark" will stop it even if it is the only word.  If I mispell
it, it goes. Don't know what other words are triggering this to happen,
but other emails are also only making it this far.
I checked quarentine and virus logs and spam logs and keyword logs: not
there. If anyone has any ideas of where to look for clues, I would sure
appreciate hearing from you. In case yours is an email I can't receive,
please cc me at georgeweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx