Exchange 2000 database

  • From: Shannon Coleman <shannon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 11:44:48 -0600 (CST)

I have a few questions about the Exchange 2000 private database. We are running
Exchange 2000 standard edition, and I understand that Exchange 2000's private
database can only grow to 16GB. My first question is what file(s) make up the
Exchange 2000 database (I was thinking that the priv1.edb and priv1.stm files
is what makes the Exchange 2000 database)? Secondly I had a user that had a
very large mailbox, (about 1.5 GB) I had this user move almost everything from
there mailbox to a PST. However the priv1.edb and priv1.stm didn't seem to
decrease in size. We have our deletion settings set at 10 days. So would I be
correct in saying that 10 days after moving these items from this user's
mailbox to a PST, is when I will see a decrease in out priv1.edb or priv1.stm.
Thanks in advance