Exchange 2000 cluster

  • From: Juan Ibarra <jibarra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:39:00 -0700

Hi, we are thinking on upgrading Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 within the
next few months.

Right now we have a offline, hotspare configuration.  Meaning that if our
primary server fails, we bring the other on online and just copy the logs
over, after doing a daily restore that is.

I am looking into the possibility of creating a cluster environment instead,
with new HW. I am sure many of you have this at your shops. Basically, what
I'd lie to do is have two servers attached to an external raid array.   Can
you please give me some pointer as to what HW you guys recommend or use. We
currently use mostly Dell Power Edge servers here.

Thanks in advance.