RE: Exchange 2000 and Symantec Anti Virus

  • From: "david" <apba08@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:54:37 -0000

Dear Frustrated Admin,

If my own experience with Symantec anti-virus is typical you will be
more frustrated.

I tried to install the management module of version 8 on three separate
machines (2 running W2K server and 1 running W2K). Error message. Known
bug. Long time listening to music on a help line to Symantec. Published
fix didn't work. I also tried to install the standard anti-virus product
on two stand-alone PC's. On one running W2K the update feature fails to
update from the new "dat" files. The other PC running XP Pro crashed
totally and a restored to a previous point.

I then called in the experts and their only solution was to install
version 7.5 rather than the version 8 I had bought.

Sorry if this is depressing!

David S.

PS I work in education and the price negotiated with Symantec was very
very cheap!!