RE: Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2k, XP: send and receive times...

  • From: "Ross McPhaden" <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 22:30:43 +0100

If you are running Outlook 97/2K the exchange server will know that the
client is connect and deliver the mail instantly to the local user
whether its a personal folder or the users exchange mailbox.  I am
assuming that it is connected to the Exchange server with the exchange
server service and not pop3 to imap. If it's pop3 or imap this is
configured in the account settings.

Ross