RE: Exchange 2000 and 2003 in Same Domain

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:53:31 -0500

Hi Michael,

Thanks!

I want to leave the first Exchange 2000 Server on the Windows 2000
machine in place; the Exchange 2003 Server on the Windows Server 2003
Server would be the *second* Exchange Server on the network in the same
domain.

I would use the "Exchange Tasks" move mailbox feature on the Exchange
2000 server to move some of the user mailboxes to the second Exchange
Server (which would be running Exchange 2003).

The goal of this exercise is to provide enhanced OWA and OMA support for
the users who's mailboxes I move to the second Exchange Server, since
from what I understand, if I made the new Exchange Server a Front-end
server, I would not benefit from enhanced OWA and OMA support, as these
enhancements are part of the actual message store. At the same time, I
want to leave some mailboxes on the existing Exchange 2000 Server.

Thanks again,

Tom
Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder