Exchange 2000 Server Post Service Pack 3 Rollup

  • From: "Gautam" <jkakkar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 06:25:03 -0700

Hi,

We are using MS-Exchange 2000 with Service Pack 3. The problem which i am
facing is that the Exchange Server Stops responding. On seeing the Event
Viewer Log i got an Event ID 7031. The event viewer log generated is as
under.

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID:       7031
Date:           2/15/2004
Time:           3:02:18 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       MAILTHD2
The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated unexpectedly.  It
has done this 15 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken
in 0 milliseconds: No action.

Date:           2/15/2004
Time:           3:02:18 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       MAILTHD2
The Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) service terminated unexpectedly.
Date:           2/15/2004
Time:           3:02:18 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       MAILTHD2
The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It
Date:           2/15/2004
Time:           3:02:18 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       MAILTHD2
The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done
Date:           2/15/2004
Time:           3:02:18 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       MAILTHD2
The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this
15 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 1
milliseconds: Run the configured recovery program.

On reading the event id resolution it said to deploy Exchange 2000 Server
Post Service Pack 3 Rollup. I want to know whether someone has deployed
the same and is there any problem in deploying it. If so please let me
know. If there is any other resolution pls let me know.

Please help me ASAP as its very crucial and all my Office is dependent on
this exchange server.

Thanks & Regards,
Gautam