RE: Exchange 2000 <--> Outlook 2002 -- Logon information is incorrect...

  • From: "Alfonso Lopez de Ayala" <alopezdeayala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:39:34 -0700

Thank you, Brandon.  The thing is that I had already tried letting it
sit (after reinstalling it like 10 times too) and it still wasn't
working.  I was noticing how the "restrictanonymous" registry key was
constantly resetting itself back to 0x2 (Exchange needs it to be 0x0 to
resolve names).

I just found out that it has something to do with having applied the
hisecdc security template thru Group Policy.  Reverted to basicdc and it
works.  Will have to slowly tighten this security template up towards
the hisecdc manually.