Exchange 2000 OWA not working

  • From: "Tim Jordan" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:40:52 -0900

Thank you for reading this.

I have inheirated a Windows 2000 SBS server which now required OWA to be
active.  I understand by default that OWA is enabled in W2000 SBS.

My problem is that OWA is broken and I'm not sure what the problem is.

I opened System Manager and verified that the Exchange VS is under the
http protocols.  There are three folders:
Exadmin
Exchange
Public

When I right click and choose the browse option I get this:

Exadmin = page cannot be found

Exchange = garbled page showing code in the left pane under folders and
shortcuts buttons, no graphics, and
the main page reads "Loading......"

Public = same as Exchange page.

Now I went into IIS manager and found two error icons next to public and
Exadmin under the Default web site.  Logged in as the domain admin I
thought maybe the permission needed to be adjusted and decided to run
the "permission wizard".  I chose to inherit all security settings and
replace all directory file permissions (Administrators have full
access), Everyone (read), Everyone(execute)....wizard errors reading
ACCESS is DENIED.

Can someone please advise?  I've looked at the settings on my Exchange
2003 OWA servers and tried to configure the W2000 SBS server to match.
I'm not having any luck figuring out where this is breaking and why I
can't access the OWA.

Thank you for your consideration,
TJ