Exchange 2000 OWA connecting to 5.5 server

  • From: "Preziosi, Mary" <mpreziosi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:56:58 -0400

I have one site with an Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server and two Exchange 2000
(SP2) servers - a front end and a backend. THe front end is configured for
web access. I need to allow users to connect to their mailboxes on the 5.5
server through the front-end server but I cannot get this to work. I can
connect fine to mailboxes on the 2000 server. Microsoft says it can't be
done. Has anyone had any luck with this? We never had OWA when the 5.5
server was the only server. Eventually I plan to move the mailboxes to the
2000 server but I can't move them all yet. Thanks.