RE: Exchange 2000 Multiple Instant Messaging Serve rs

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:07:59 -0500

What you need to do is install a second server for IM following the IM
installation instructions you used before.  It's been so long since I last
installed one, I can't recall exact steps to off-load the IM server
functions to separate Exchange server.

You may want to check the event log for errors to see what's going on with
the machine.  Also, if you created a new server, you did you use a different
name right?