RE: Exchange 2000 Mdbdata

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:15:52 +0100

Hi John

DO NOT DELETE any of the files from the MDBDATA directory, here are a
couple of questions for you:

1.      When was the last time you did a full online backup of your
Exchange Storage Groups?
2.      Have you configured your anti-virus software to exclude the
relevant Exchange files:

Don't worry about the contents of the BadMail directory, you can safely
delete them, I would suggest you do it from the command line rather than
via Windows Explorer, you might also want to take a look at the BadMail
Deletion download

Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Services Organisation
Desk:   +44 (0)118 909 5630
Mobile: +44 (0)7966 858108
MSN IM: markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on
the addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do
not open any attachment, and please contact the sender (details above)
immediately. Information in this email is provided in good faith. If you
are a customer of Microsoft, please refer to the terms and conditions
which cover the provision of support and consulting services to you/your
organization. If you are not corresponding in the course of, or in
connection with a Microsoft contract or program with its own terms and
conditions, please note that no liability is accepted by Microsoft for
the contents of this mail.