RE: Exchange 2000 Mail Store Question

  • From: "Shaun Christides" <shaun.c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:09:34 +0800

Thanks for the suggestions!

From what I can gather the server is doing an online defrag of the
private mailbox store and is constantly hitting a point in the mail
store that it can't get past.

I am not backing up the mail store whilst it is doing a defrag.

I think the hardware is fine as far as I can tell.

Can a virus infected e-mail cause this problem?

Date:           26/08/2002
Time:           1:15:04 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       ITSERVER
Information Store (3060) Online defragmentation is resuming its pass on
database 'C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb'.

then

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   ESE
Event Category: Database Page Cache
Event ID:       474
Date:           26/08/2002
Time:           1:15:06 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       ITSERVER
Information Store (3060) The database page read from the file
"C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb" at offset 1627783168
(0x0000000061060000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due
to a page checksum mismatch.  The expected checksum was 3103874810
(0xb9015efa) and the actual checksum was 3103809274 (0xb9005efa).  The
read operation will fail with error -1018 (0xfffffc06).  If this
condition persists then please restore the database from a previous
backup.

then

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   ESE
Event Category: Online Defragmentation
Event ID:       705
Date:           26/08/2002
Time:           1:15:06 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       ITSERVER
Information Store (3060) Online defragmentation of database 'C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb' terminated prematurely after
encountering unexpected error -1018. The next time online
defragmentation is started on this database, it will resume from the