Exchange 2000 Instant Messaging

  • From: "UNE-Alexey Fernandez, Grupo Tecnico UEB TI" <alexeyf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[MSExchange List]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:38:36 -0500

Dear colleges,

I'm trying to use Exchange 2k Instant Messaging in my E2k organization.
I have followed the procedure published in KB Q266643 but every time I
try to logon on the IM Server I receive the following message:

"Signing in to Microsoft Exchange Instant Messaging failed because the
password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not exist. Check your
name and password and try again."

I have worked a lot around it without finding a solution. I searched the
Microsoft Knowledge Base; I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Instant
Messaging Server, but Nothing.

Can somebody help me about it?

Thanks In Advance:

Lic. Alexey Fernandez Suarez

Note: I have a native Exchange 2k organization over Windows 2000
Advanced Server with Active Directory in native mode.