[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange 2000 Front End

  • From: "Clarke, Scott" <Scott.Clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:41:07 -0230

Hi all,

We have three exchange 2000 servers; Server1, Server2, Server 3 FE.
Server1 will eventually be discommissed and all mailboxes moved to
Server2.  To faciliate OWA access for user mailbox moves to Server2 we
have installed a front end server.  Access to the Server1 works fine via
OWA by just entering the username and password...however Server2 users
are required to enter the domainname\username and password.

We have changed the Exchange and Public virt. Directories basic
authentication to include the domain name based on an article throught
Tech Republic....but this doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas on how to get those users on Server 2 to NOT enter the domain