RE: Exchange 2000 DR with SAN replication.

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:01:09 -0500

Your original post was not detailed enough to answer the question.

More information about requirements is needed.  You've given a possible goal
but no idea or background as to why or what the acceptable solution could
look like.

Could you deploy a third node to the cluster?  Yes and no.  It depends on
your environment and how much latency exists between the data repositories,
the WAN links etc. (assuming this is across a WAN). Just adding a third node
to the cluster may not achieve what you want to accomplish if the data isn't
replicated fast enough.

You have not specified what level of service needs to be available during
any disaster event.  You haven't specified the distances etc.

Al