RE: Exchange 2000 DR with SAN replication.

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:44:30 -0500

I read the original and I still don't see enough information to understand
the goal vs. the proposed solution.

As for in sync, yes, 1.5kms is close enough that you *could* do real-time
synchronization of data if properly architected.  The latency I describe can
occur if there is latency at any point of the transaction path i.e. the WAN
link (fiber cables in your case: what else is that connection used for that
might impact latency?), disk speeds, etc.  Most Geo-Clustering solutions
have to overcome and plan for these issues.  Some don't and yours may be
different than any other I've seen.

Understanding the requirements vs. the solution makes it more likely that we
can provide better and more useful feedback.

Al