Exchange 2000

  • From: "Shyamal" <sunny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:15:14 -0700

Hello to all,
  Guys I have following senerio and can any one have come accros such
situation and have recovery?  If so please can you out line me the method.
  At one site someone had installed first 2000 server with AD, DNS, IIS,
and Exchange 2000.  Later on I have evaluated and added Veritas Backup
with Exchange agent so they can backup every night.  Then recently (lucky)
I did suggested to add a 2nd DC to replicate there AD and I joint the AD
and replicated.  Now there first server which was running exchange and GC
is dead and my question and undrestanding is that if I installed new with
same name as dead server that will replicate my AD. Then I can run
exchange setup /disasterrevocery and then restore Storage Group, and
hopefully, this will bring back there server to original state.  Is my
understanding is correct????
  Or is there any otherway to make this work?????
  Any help will be well taken.

Shyam