Re: Exchagner Server with 2 Network Card

  • From: Tee Darling <tee.darling77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 09:32:45 -0500

First of all, the kind of configuration you have in place is not recommended
even by Microsoft. Both applications (ISA &  Exchange) should be installed
on separate machines. This is according to Misrosoft best practices.

The server that will host the ISA server should have 2 NICs inside. I am not
sure of the version of ISA you have but both ISA 2000 & 2004 quick setup
guides can be found on Microsoft web site or you can do a search on
google.com and download either one of them. I have ISA Server 2004 up and
running by using the ISA Server 2004 quick setup guide I downloaded from
Microsoft site.

On the server that you will install and configure your Exchange, make sure
it's part of your local domain. After you have installed and configured your
Exchange server, run the Exchange wizard to connect your Exchange to the
Internet. Before you run the wizard you should have your Internal and
external DNS configued for the Exchange server you have on your Internal
LAN. Make sure you do a little research about how to install and configure
ISA and Exchange before you start working on your network.