RE: Exchaange Backup & restore plan- urgent help

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 06:23:06 -0500

If you use the disasterrecovery switch, you are replacing a single
server in an Exchange organization with another single server in that
organization. That switch is responsible for ensuring that that function
happens properly and that databases are not automatically mounted.

If you use the removeorg switch, you are completely removing your
Exchange organization from your active directory. See KB 273478 for more
information.

Unless you have an active directory disaster, I would be using the
Exchange disasterrecovery mechanisms.