RE: Exchaange Backup & restore plan- urgent help

  • From: MJ <mjtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:41:43 -0500

Go to

-----Original Message-----
From: rolamohammed [mailto:rolamohammed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 12:32 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Exchaange Backup & restore plan- urgent help

Hi All,

My name is Rola Mohammed, i am cute girl , my age is 28 Years , i am from

i am still new to the world of exchange.

while i am thinking of Exchange Plan for Backup & Restore.

i have here 3 Servers, One Domain Controller , & One ISA SERVER WITH 2 NIC,
One Exchange server 2003 Enterprise edition.

WHILE i am planing to backup, he told me , that incase of any disaster & you

are unable to retrive the exchange server backup, just only take it out from

Network & then do the following :-

1- Take the Backup of the system state of the exchange server which you take

it on weekly basics & then  but infront of you.

2- formate the server completely.

3- install the same operating system and with the same configuration for the

drivers & Partion.

4- donot join the server to the domain at all.

5- restore the System State to the server .

6-  restart the server .

7- then join the server to the doamin.

8- Put the exchange CD & run the Normal Commands - Forest Prep & Domain

9- run restore DB to restore the DB

9- then you will find that the exchange server is return back to the same
status and no one of users say something about it,

My question, is that correct ? and is that correct to run forest prep agian

please some one guide me to the correct steps .

List Archives:
Report abuse to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx