RE: Exchaange Backup & restore plan- urgent help

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:49:48 -0500

Well, it's good to know that you are a "cute girl". :-P

The major step missing is "setup /disasterrecovery" that would come
between your step 8 and step 9.

This process is discussed in detail in the Disaster Recovery Operations
Guide available at:

However, it can often be quicker and less painful to build a second
server and use recovery storage groups along with dial-tone recovery.
Those processes are discussed in the document above, along with more
detail in Using Exchange Server 2003 Recovery Storage Groups available