Exch2K3 SMTP Queue Growth Monitoring

  • From: "Paul Deen" <pdeen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:23:24 -0500

Hello,

 My problem is the Queue Growth monitoring ('Tools: Monitoring and
Status' Exchange 2003 ESM) seems to be not working properly. I currently
have it setup for Warning state: 30mins Critical State: 60mins. I will
get an email alert stating critical Queue Growth, so I go check it, and
I have 1 whole message waiting in SMTP Queue.
 When I try to edit the Queue Growth Monitor, it has a box at the bottom
that shows 'Current Queue Growth (minutes):80' (80 is just an example,
but it always seems to be a high number) even though I will only have
like 1 or 2 NDR's awaiting in the SMTP Queue waiting to be sent out.

I thought this monitor/alert was for continuous growth of the Queue, not
just if you have only 1 email awaiting delivery for over 60 mins?

Anyone else having this problem or have a solution to this?

Environment: Single Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003.

Thanks!
Paul