RE: Exch 5.5 on W2K server connected to Exch 5 .5 on NT4 server in different domain

  • From: "Richard Brisby (EXO)" <richard.brisby@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:22:40 +0100

I think you hit the nail on the head. I had not used the service account
created for the existing Exchange servers. I uninstalled and reinstalled,
selecting the service account but, I got the 0xc002041d error message. I
checked the KB and found article Q182513 explaining that I had to be logged
on with the service account. Because this service account sits on a
different domain I got the error message: local policy does not permit
logging on to this account interactively. I used the ntrights utility to try
and remove this restriction, but it still does not allow me to log on.