Exch 5.5 Server disappeared from MTA Queue

  • From: Tony McCarthy <Tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 13:01:49 +1200

Hi Everyone,

I need some urgent help on this one because I'm supposed to move my
mailboxes over to a new server today. My problem is with 2 servers in the
same Exch 5.5 site. They are actually in the same room so have 100Mbps
connectivity between them. The new Exch server (server2) is destined to
replace the old Exch 5.5 server (server1). Until yesterday mail flowed
freely between the 2 servers. The new server has been up and running for 3
months but only has a few mailboxes and public folders homed on it. Server2
has no X400 connectors and has merely been homing a few mailboxes until I've
had the opportunity to decommission server1 and commission server2 as the
first site server. Yesterday I had to change the IP addresses of all servers
and other devices due to an Internet bandwidth upgrade (new ISP etc). There
has been no trouble with server1 however the mail flow to server2 has
stopped. Server2 appear in server1's MTA queue but not vice versa. I've
changed the IP addresses of X400 stacks etc on server2 and there has been no
issues with connectivity to other sites. There have been no useful error
messages in the event log that I can find. The only real problem is this
intra site issue. I would appreciate any advice re the above.