Re: Exch 2003 \\BackofficeStorage not Accessible

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 10:52:25 -0400

On 8/13/05, Troy Armour <troy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> I have a problem with an exchange 2003 server-OWA has stopped
> functioning-when you goto the URL http://server/exchange you get-file not
> found error.  and when i look in IIS there is nothing in the exchange
> directory.  also if i type \\.\BackOfficeStorage at the command prompt i
> get-cannot be found.
>
> any ideas what the solution could be

You have not specified what version of Windows you are running.  Who
or what deleted the OWA virtual directories?

Does IIS work?  If not, reinstall IIS and Exchange:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;320202

This will recreate OWA for you, however, you will need to re-apply all
Exchange and IIS security updates.

If IIS works fine, but OWA virtual directories are missing, try:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=888033

...D

--
CPDE - Certified Petroleum Distribution Engineer
CCBC - Certified Canadian Beer Consumer