Excahneg 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Migration Question

  • From: Naboth Semwayo <naboths@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:11:08 +0200

Hi All

We will be undertaking this exercise at the end of the year and I have been
tasked with doing the necessary research. I pretty much have the NT upgrade
covered.

I have also decided to use exmerge to migrate my mailboxes to Exchange 2003.
My questions (which may seem dumb to many):

1) do I create the mailboxes first under Exchange 2003 and then use exmerge
to put the messages in there? Also bear in my AD user accounts have alreday
been migrated.
2) Can I not automate the mailbox creation process like you can in Exchange
5.5 by using the directory import option to import from a CSV? And after the
mailboxes are created then use exmerge.
3)How does exmerge correctly determine which mailbox to dump the imported
messages to when you have lots of pst files.

Thanks in advance

Naboth