Ex2k and Alpha Server

  • From: "Mike Dufoe" <dufoem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchangelist" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:21:58 -0500

I'll try best to describe my problem.

We have a Ex2k server and a Alpha Server.  We have setup
our Alpha email to go through our Ex2k server then send
the emails out.  We can send email from the Alpha to
where ever.  We can't send email to the Alpha server though
unless your logged onto the ALpha and use the VMS mail.

Both of these servers are on the same network (10.0.0.x)
behind our firewall.  Both servers of course have assigned
static IP's...10.0.0.x
This problem just started happening when we setup our
Firewall and I'm not 100% sure if I removed a setting on
our Ex2k box when we setup this firewall.  I
know...dumbass.

We setup a rule on our firewall to allow SMTP and POP to our Alpha
but that didn't work.  Has anyone ever had this kind of
setup and know what I have to do get this going.

TIA,
Mike