Ex 2K Standard Edition Database Maintenance (16GB Limit)

  • From: sansat@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:33:10 -0700

Hello Friends,

I am looking for a method of maintaining the exchange 2000 database
(standard Edition) so that it does not reach 16GB limit.

I would like to know methods other than offline defragmentation as I
cannot perform them due to space restriction on the server harddisk.

Currently the size is 12GB, hence I have set storage limits and also
archive emails using Exmerge, but even after deleting emails, the size is
the same. I was thinking every night during maintenance it might purge
them, but its not happening or how long should one wait for the db size to
get smaller or whats the best method for maintenance ?

Please suggest.

Regards,
Satish