Event sink problems

  • From: Zee Doktor <zee_doktor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:57:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I have programmed an event sink with VB6 that triggers on the Async.OnSave
event. It simply opens the mail and checks for a few keywords.

The event sink works nicely with messages that are sent from a user on the
exchange server to a user on the same server.

However, whenever a message is received that is coming from another exchange
server, the event triggers, but my code fails on the line marked below with a
XXX with the error

Error-2147217895
Method '~' of object '~' failed.

The offending command:

    Dim iDispEvtInfo As IExStoreDispEventInfo
    Set iDispEvtInfo = pEventInfo

    ' Get the record that triggered the event
    Dim Rec As ADODB.Record
    Set Rec = iDispEvtInfo.EventRecord   'XXX Error happens here.

Anyone have a clue why this works beautifully on local messages but fails so
miserably on messages received from externally?

Thanks!