Event id 445 Source: ESE. Urgent solution plss!!!

  • From: "ikm7176" <ikm7176@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 02:32:13 -0700

i am using exchange 2000 standard version the event viewer is getting
filled up with the following Application log warning

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   ESE
Event Category: (4)
Event ID:       445
Date:           1/21/2004
Time:           11:20:33 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       ****
Information Store (1944) The database D:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb has reached its maximum size of 16383 MB.
If the database cannot be restarted, an offline defragmentation may be
performed to reduce its size.

i ran the Offline defragmentation 2 months before and the performance was
normal .
But now, Users are experiencing slow outlook response. Do i need to run
the offline Defragmentation again.  I am planning to run it today.

I would like to hear suggesstions from the experts here about Offline
defragmentation. i will follow the steps described in the following link

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828070

"After you run the eseutil /d command on your mailbox store, you must
dismount all the stores in the storage group and remove any log files in
the Mdbdata folder before you remount the database"

Do i need to delete the LOG files in MDBDATA folder after running Offline
defragmentation. Can't i leave log files untouched (log file corruption
fear!!)

Thanks in advance.