RE: Event Id 6008

  • From: "Charles Bellamy" <clara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:49:30 -0400

It seems like some hardware is failing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gautam [mailto:jkakkar@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:26 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Event Id 6008

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi All,
We are using Windows 2000 with SP4 and Exchange 2000. Last week my server
rebooted automatically and is generating Event Id 6008. "Event ID: 6008
Source: Event Log
Type: Error
The previous system shutdown at Time on Date was unexpected. "

can someone let me know what exactly needs to be done for this. I also
searched the KB Article 326564 but none of those conditions are
applicable. I have SP4 already installed.

require suggestions.

Thanks