Re: Event ID: 9297 - MTA error

  • From: "Dominic" <emaildominic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 01:11:09 +0530

This is rpc call and NT returns an access denied. NT is returning this and are just passed on to the user.

Apply MTA hotfix build # 2655.51 on remote Exchange 5.5 SP4 Servers and it will resolve Event 9297 completely. This was due to possible bindback bugs fixed in post SP4 builds of the MTA.

Also check this KB article: Make sure you export registry before modifying it. It should be applicable to Exchange 2003 aswell.