RE: Event ID 7034 - service terminated unexpectedly

  • From: "Dolly Bareqet" <Dolly.Bareqet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:13:28 +0200

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827214

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;885264

*************

Regards,

Dolly

*************

  _____

From: Jabber Wock [mailto:jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:48 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Event ID 7034 - service terminated unexpectedly

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi,

I am seeing a lot of messages in the System event log for SMTP, POP,
IMAP, and the Exchante Routing Engine:

Event ID: 7034
The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service terminated
unexpectedly.  It has done this 6 time(s)

The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 2 time(s).

etc.

The server is a Windows 2003 SP1 running Exchange 2003 SP2, all with
latest updates.  Any ideas or suggestions where I should look?  The only
KB info I was able to find says to apply the security updates and
suggests the server is infected with Code Red but it is not (at least,
Panda AV says it is not).

JW

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended
recipient(s) or the person responsible for delivering this communication to the
intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have received this
communication in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this message is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender
immediately via e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. iMDsoft shall
not be liable for any damage of whatsoever nature in connection with any
information received in error.