[ExchangeList] Re: Event ID 7010

  • From: "MAHADEVAN Subramanyan" <SMahadevan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:04:34 +0530

Have a glimpse at this site... and check if it fixes the issue...

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=818222

Thanks, Mahadevan

________________________________

Date: 1/13/2004
Time: 5:43:49 PM
User: N/A Computer: COMPUTERNAME
connection #30. The client at "6.5.2.4" sent a "xexch50" command, and
the SMTP server responded with "504 Need to authenticate first ". The
full command sent was "xexch50 1092 2". This will probably cause the
connection to fail.

I know that this was discussed about a month ago and I searched the
archive but could not find a resolution.

I have an exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 server. I am sending mail
to another exchange server. This other exchange server is not in my
domain and we do not share a forest or anything else. There should be no
authentication that takes place.

I found on Microsoft some mention that the "xexch50 1092 2" tells the
other server the size of some file that is coming. Maybe the size of the
email being transported. The other server is supposed to respond with a
BLOB (binary large object?) but that might have failed between the
servers. Could be the ISA server firewall might have blocked it.

I looked in my ISA server and found Event ID 15105 ISA server detected
an all port scan attack from IP .... and this IP address is the same
address as the exchange server I am trying to send the email messages
to. Could ISA be confusing the blob and a port scan attack? That doesn't
make since but I am not finding a Event ID 20031 unknown smtp command
error in ISA that Microsoft says should be there if this is the problem.

Did anyone resolve this issue already?

I did the reg hack that was supposed to turn off the xexch50 on my end
and set the SMTP server to say helo rather then ehlo so I would not
advertise the xexch50 service on my end but the email is still sitting
there in the outbound queue and not going anywhere. The message in the
exchange server manager for the Queue just says "The connection was
dropped by the remote host".

Douglas Jensen
Douglas.Jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Douglas.Jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Voice (952) 402-9821
Fax (952) 402-9815
Network Administrator
Scott Carver Dakota CAP Agency, Inc.
712 Canterbury Road
Shakopee, MN 55379
www.capagency.org
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\djensen.SCDCAP\Application%20Data
\Microsoft\Signatures\www.capagency.org>

These events indicate that the XEXCH50 protocol sink fired, but the
exchange of the blobs failed between the servers listed in the events.
Confidentiality Statement:

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt
from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing
this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this
information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by return email.