Event ID: 623

  • From: "bob" <blin2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:29:46 -0700

We are running Exchange 2000 with sp3. Once a while we send news letter to
all our memberships by using Broadcast HTML. Whenever we send out the news
letter, the users will not be able to access the Exchange next day. We
need
to reboot the server.

Event Viewer shows:  "Source ESE, Category Transaction Manager, Event ID
has reached its maximum size of 1Mb. It is likely that a long-running
transaction is preventing cleanup of the version store and causing it to
build up in size. Updates will be rejected until the long-running
transaction has been completely committed or rolled back. Possible
long-running transaction:
SessionId: 0x0EE404A0
Session-context: 0x00000000
Session-context ThreadId: 0x000009A0"

According to MS Q318162 "After you apply this fix, the default value for
the
MaxVerPages value is increased from 256 KB to 5 MB. After you apply this
fix, you can also use the ESE version store to change to a higher value by
using the DatabaseMaxVerPages registry value." I can't find MaxVerPages
and
DatabaseMaxVerPages in the registry. Do we need to add them or any
suggestions?