Event ID 1706 SMTP Protocol error

  • From: "Ken Morris" <kmorris@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:00:59 -0700

Hello,
I have just joind the list and am hoping that someone will have seen and
resolved this problem before. I am recieving the following error message
on my E2K server:
Event ID : 1706
Event Source : MSExchangeTransport
Event Category : SMTP Protocol
Description : EXPS is temporarily unable to provide protocol security.
This is usually due to DS network problems or low system resources.
"CSessionContext : : OnEXPSInNegotiate" called "HRServerNegotiateAuth"
which failed with error code 0x8009030c
(K:\transmt\src\smtpsink\expslib\context.cpp@1209).
Data: 0000: 0c 03 09 80

This started appearing late yesterday and has been showing up in the logs
quite often since it started.
Anyone with any ideas or directions to send me in to hunt this thing down,
can email me at kmorris@xxxxxxx .
At the moment all appears well, but that could just be the calm before the
storm.
All help is appreciated as I am also new to E2K servers.