RE: Event ID 116Service Database Corruption

  • From: "Neil Hobson" <neil.hobson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:32:21 -0000

Can you build a new (temporary) 5.5 server into the existing site?  That
way, you can move the mailboxes using the standard Tools / Move Mailbox
option.

________________________________

From: LASQUETE, Anthony N. [mailto:anlasquete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Posted At: 05 November 2004 14:03
Posted To: Exchange Org Mailing List (30 days)
Conversation: [exchangelist] RE: Event ID 116Service Database Corruption
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Event ID 116Service Database Corruption

http://www.MSExchange.org/

thanks Neil, what could be the fast and best thing to do, i have a
running Exchange 2K ( MAIL01 ) but it was on the other site and they
both was not attached to each other.
So even i try to move the Mailboxes from MAIL02 to MAIL01, I can't view
the other site and it i cant move them also.

________________________________

From: LASQUETE, Anthony N. [mailto:anlasquete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Posted At: 05 November 2004 13:36
Posted To: Exchange Org Mailing List (30 days)
Conversation: [exchangelist] Event ID 116Service Database Corruption
Subject: [exchangelist] Event ID 116Service Database Corruption

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Guys,

            I have a problem with my running Exchange 5.5. Error
encounter was:

            Event ID 116
            Source ESE97
            Type Error
            Category Database Page Cache

            MSExchangeIS (52 ) Synchronous read page error - 1018
            ( (1:1057816 1:3688618971 )  ( 3688618971-368818971 )
(0-16815256)
            occured. PLease restore the database from a previous backup.

             The Information Store, was also affected / corrupted in our
backup tape. As of this moment. it still running but in any point it may
totally be shutdown.

              And all data in the Information Store ( Mailboxes ) will
be completely deleted.  I checked on the Web  and found one
recommendation to run

            ESEutil /r /ispriv and/or /ispub.

            How can i sure that when i run this command it will be
successful and it wont totally mess up my Exchange. Is there other way
to fix my corrupted Database.??

            Need your help on this. Thanks in Advance.

Anthony

Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Silversands.

If you have received this email in error, or if you believe this email
is unsolicited
and wish to be removed from any future mailings, please contact our
Support
Desk immediately on 01202 360360 or email helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.silversands.co.uk