RE: Event ID 116Service Database Corruption

  • From: "LASQUETE, Anthony N." <anlasquete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 22:02:46 +0800

thanks Neil, what could be the fast and best thing to do, i have a running
Exchange 2K ( MAIL01 ) but it was on the other site and they both was not
attached to each other.
So even i try to move the Mailboxes from MAIL02 to MAIL01, I can't view the
other site and it i cant move them also.

  _____

From: LASQUETE, Anthony N. [mailto:anlasquete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Posted At: 05 November 2004 13:36
Posted To: Exchange Org Mailing List (30 days)
Conversation: [exchangelist] Event ID 116Service Database Corruption
Subject: [exchangelist] Event ID 116Service Database Corruption

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Guys,

            I have a problem with my running Exchange 5.5. Error encounter
was:

            Event ID 116
            Source ESE97
            Type Error
            Category Database Page Cache

            MSExchangeIS (52 ) Synchronous read page error - 1018
            ( (1:1057816 1:3688618971 )  ( 3688618971-368818971 )
(0-16815256)
            occured. PLease restore the database from a previous backup.

             The Information Store, was also affected / corrupted in our
backup tape. As of this moment. it still running but in any point it may
totally be shutdown.

              And all data in the Information Store ( Mailboxes ) will be
completely deleted.  I checked on the Web  and found one recommendation to
run

            ESEutil /r /ispriv and/or /ispub.

            How can i sure that when i run this command it will be
successful and it wont totally mess up my Exchange. Is there other way to
fix my corrupted Database.??

            Need your help on this. Thanks in Advance.

Anthony

Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Silversands.

If you have received this email in error, or if you believe this email is
unsolicited
and wish to be removed from any future mailings, please contact our Support
Desk immediately on 01202 360360 or email helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.silversands.co.uk