RE: Event ID 116Service Database Corruption

  • From: "Neil Hobson" <neil.hobson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:43:20 -0000

You can never be too sure with -1018s.  Even if you get down to running
eseutil /p and repair the thing, you're not really supposed to put the
database back in production.  You have a hardware issue most likely, so
even if you repair the database, it could happen again.  I'd be inclined
to build a new server into the site and move the mailboxes across as
quickly as possible.  Then you can troubleshoot the hardware issue at
your leisure.

From: LASQUETE, Anthony N. [mailto:anlasquete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Posted At: 05 November 2004 13:36
Posted To: Exchange Org Mailing List (30 days)
Conversation: [exchangelist] Event ID 116Service Database Corruption
Subject: [exchangelist] Event ID 116Service Database Corruption

            I have a problem with my running Exchange 5.5. Error
encounter was:
            Event ID 116
            Source ESE97
            Type Error
            Category Database Page Cache
            MSExchangeIS (52 ) Synchronous read page error - 1018
            ( (1:1057816 1:3688618971 )  ( 3688618971-368818971 )
            occured. PLease restore the database from a previous backup.
             The Information Store, was also affected / corrupted in our
backup tape. As of this moment. it still running but in any point it may
totally be shutdown.
              And all data in the Information Store ( Mailboxes ) will
be completely deleted.  I checked on the Web  and found one
recommendation to run
            ESEutil /r /ispriv and/or /ispub.
            How can i sure that when i run this command it will be
successful and it wont totally mess up my Exchange. Is there other way
to fix my corrupted Database.??
            Need your help on this. Thanks in Advance.
List Archives:
World of Windows Networking:
Leading Network Software Directory:
No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
Windows Security Resource Site:
Network Security Library:

Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of Silversands.

If you have received this email in error, or if you believe this email is
and wish to be removed from any future mailings, please contact our Support
Desk immediately on 01202 360360 or email helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx