Event ID 116 OLEDB was unable to initialize event system correctly

  • From: "Rich Tibbets" <rtibbets@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:15:09 -0600

I have E2K SP3 with the post SP3 rollup patch.  The Server is part of a
E5.5 org, working on migrating over to E2K. The system has been up for 2
weeks with no such events logged.  This just started happening today.  No
other changes to the config were made.  I found some KB's on the 116 but
not regarding the 0x8000ffff.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Rich Tibbets

EVENT 116:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   EXOLEDB
Event Category: Events
Event ID:       116
Date:           10/3/2003
Time:           10:04:50 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       SALOON
Microsoft Exchange OLEDB was unable to initialize event system correctly.
Support for store event may have been disabled. HRESULT = 0x8000ffff.