Re: Event 4283

  • From: Olomo Opeyemi <hoppy_lumz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 02:48:58 -0700 (PDT)

Upgrade ur Exchange 5.5 service pack to at least sp 4.  This problem can occur
if there is an error in the way the MTA processes its internal control blocks.
U might also find this URL very useful.
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q266792
 Tony McCarthy wrote:http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting the following error message (below) in my event log on a Win2K
server running Exchange 5.5. I've got no idea what this is about however
I've had a few syncing problems with this server, i.e. some users have
complained that their mailboxes sync with the Exchange server slowly and
sometimes abort the sync. Any ideas??

Regards
Tony

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeMTA
Event Category: Interface
Event ID: 4283
Date: 7/12/2002
Time: 6:34:52 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SYDNEY2
Unable to recognize an internal message identifier. Internal connection
handle (LPI) 1-15-1 Error code: 8464 [POP4 POP4 UP 8 228] (14)