Event 2389

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:41:52 -0500

Our Ex2k3 server seems to terminate it's LDAP session with the DCs
periodically and cause the MAPI flow timeout. Here's the event that
seemed to correspond with the last MAPI flow error.

Event 2389

Process STORE.EXE (PID=4260). A search request to Directory Server
server.domain.net did not return a result within 30 seconds and is being
abandoned. The search will be retried if possible. The search that
failed has the following characteristics: Base
DN=<GUID=91C48E7D-4FF1-4634-925A-20D4D9D32650>, Filter=(objectclass=*),
Scope=5b1efcc8.

Can't find anything concrete on this. However, I'm looking at this
article about win2k3sp1 or security update ms05-019 causing network
isssues including "Inability of Microsoft Exchange servers to connect to
domain controllers." If this is the case, I would imagine many others
experiencing this. Has anybody experienced any dsaccess issues because
of sp1 or this security update or have any insight on this event id?
Thanks.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=898060
<http://support.microsoft.com/?id=898060>